Thursday, January 8, 2009

In Honor of Elvis.....This is for Prissy



Since it is Elvis Presley's birthday today I am dedicating this blog post to him. He was born in 1935 in Tupelo, MS so that would make him 74 if he were still with us.....and I've heard reports that he still is. I want to remember him as a hunka hunka burnin' love - as the song goes - which he looks like in this picture. I really want to go to Graceland and be engulfed in all things Elvis. Maybe we can check out The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville or is that too far away from Memphis? I have to check the map.

I just finished watching the show on Elvis by the Presleys tonight and was struck by how much Lisa Marie looks like her father....she is almost as old as he is when he died. So sad that he gave so much of himself to entertain his fans and was not able to find his own happiness toward the end of his life.

Rest in Peace, Elvis. You are still the "King" to me.

1 comment:

Anne said...

There he is--complete with lip curl. Happy Belated Birthday, Elvis! I was too busy being annoyed at work to celebrate yesterday.