
After seeing Grey Gardens at the Ordway Theater yesterday, I decided to do some checking on the internet to find out more about Edith Bouvier Beale and Edie Beale. I'll have to find a book at the library about their lives. Here are a couple of websites that have pictures of Edith and Edie Beale and more insight into their lives. It would have been fun to see Christine Ebersole play the dual role of Little Edie and Big Edie on Broadway (I believe she won a Tony for Best Actress in a Musical) but I thought Christina Baldwin did a wonderful job of acting. I enjoyed this musical and was left with a sadness afterward because of the circumstances of their lives.....but getting together with Marcie, Gerri, Joan & Diane was a lot of fun and the dinner at Cafe Latte was just right. I enjoyed seeing the neighborhood that JB & David will be living in also. I really like St. Paul. The tea made by David and the delicious desserts from Cafe Latte topped everything off!
Here is some info. that I found on Wikipedia that you might enjoy reading:
Edith Bouvier Beale (November 7, 1917 – ca. January 9, 2002) was an American socialite, fashion model and Cabaret performer. She was a first cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Lee Radziwill. She is best known as "Little Edie," one of the subjects of the documentary film Grey Gardens by Albert and David Maysles. Click on this link for more info. about Edith Beale: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Bouvier_Beale
http://www.islandbreezearts.com/edith_beale_gallery.html
http://www.edithbouvierbealeofgreygardens.com/
The grey color of the dunes, the hue of the cement garden walls, and the sea mist gave the garden its color and the house its name.
Grey Gardens, a film for HBO, starring Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore as the Edies, with Jeanne Tripplehorn as Jacqueline Kennedy, and Daniel Baldwin as Julius Krug. Directed and co-written (with Patricia Rozema) by filmmaker Michael Sucsy, it began filming on October 22, 2007 in Toronto.[6] It is scheduled to air on HBO on April 18, 2009.
Here is some info. that I found on Wikipedia that you might enjoy reading:
Edith Bouvier Beale (November 7, 1917 – ca. January 9, 2002) was an American socialite, fashion model and Cabaret performer. She was a first cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Lee Radziwill. She is best known as "Little Edie," one of the subjects of the documentary film Grey Gardens by Albert and David Maysles. Click on this link for more info. about Edith Beale: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Bouvier_Beale
http://www.islandbreezearts.com/edith_beale_gallery.html
http://www.edithbouvierbealeofgreygardens.com/
The grey color of the dunes, the hue of the cement garden walls, and the sea mist gave the garden its color and the house its name.
Grey Gardens, a film for HBO, starring Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore as the Edies, with Jeanne Tripplehorn as Jacqueline Kennedy, and Daniel Baldwin as Julius Krug. Directed and co-written (with Patricia Rozema) by filmmaker Michael Sucsy, it began filming on October 22, 2007 in Toronto.[6] It is scheduled to air on HBO on April 18, 2009.
3 comments:
Hi Jane,
great little movie. terrific. loved it. surely had a good time Saturday---despite the sadness of the storyline, I thought the play was great. very well done. I also thought the food at Cafe Latte was great and the cake too. Yummy a very fun day!
Glad it gave you a break from your house sale. We'll have to do this more often.
I read that Ben Bradlee of Washington Post/Watergate fame bought Grey Gardens from Little Edie for $220,000 which gave her some much needed money to move on with her life.
Glad you had a good time at Grey Gardens! Interesting information you pulled up. YOu should be a librarian;)
Post a Comment