I just opened the door to my neighborhood's version of JB.....my census location has been updated. I almost asked him in for a piece of cake but decided that was not a good thing to do. He was all bundled up and had a stocking cap on and mentioned that the hot air coming outside from the clothes dryer felt sooo good so I felt sorry for him and couldn't help but think of JB trudging through the streets doing the same thing. Hope you stay warm, JB. Have some hot chocolate on your break (hopefully, you aren't working today).
The piece of paper he gave me made me think of my search for my family genealogy and checking out the census data from back in the 1800's. It says on the paper that he left with me, "As allowed by law, your census data becomes public after 72 years." So the next generation of historians can pull up my data at that time....hope they follow through and keep passing our family history on down the line. I found some interesting things on that old census report....gives me a whole new appreciation for the work JB is doing. Thanks, JB.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for your thanks. I am glad you had a positive experience with your local address lister. I have not, as yet, worn a hat but have had my hood up a few times. I also have not had the pleasure of enjoying a dryer vent. Will be on the lookout for that on future chilly street walking days.
Yes, the census is an important thing. Yes it is. Some things the government does are really important! From what I have seen, so far, the census--at least at my level--is being very well run. Even the tech support folks are competent---and friendly--perhaps this is more an indication of all the competent people who are desperate for jobs than anything else---but still, it's been a good experience. Glad you had a good experience in MG too.
It was very nice of you to want to offer him a piece of cake. I'm thinking it must be very cold outside again if he was wearing a stocking cap. Also very early. I don't think I'd answer the door before 10:00 AM.
Post a Comment