I'd like you to meet my little friend, Snappy. He had lost his way and was taking a leisurely stroll on our driveway by way of my flowers. He is quite a distance from the lake so he must have been very tired, hungry and thirsty. I guided him away from my flowers and now he is heading back down to the cool mud in the lake for a long nap. He did not like my trying to guide him and was sticking out his head and snapping at me. Anyway, this is my excitement for the day. ;-) I remember the HUGE snapping turtles that we used to have on our farm. I definitely wouldn't have gotten close to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cool picture of Snappy. That was a great shot of him pulling his head back into his shell!
Awww, Snappy is adorable. I too had experience with snapping turtles that were much bigger than this pipsqueak and wouldn't mess with them. That was nice of you to guide Snappy, even though he didn't appreciate your efforts. I hope he is enjoying a cool mud bath right now.
Post a Comment