Yes, I have another birthday coming up soon and it makes me wonder where all those years in between 3 and _ _ went. I'd like to have Mom make me an angel food cake with custard frosting (can't forget the walnuts on top of the custard), the pink elephants on top of the cake and the candles to blow out. Those were the days.Maybe it's just the dreary weather that is making me a little melancholy today.....or the fact that I don't have cake to eat. I did bake another apple pie yesterday though....that's the last of the apples Bill brought back from North Dakota. And that's probably a good thing as I'm gaining weight every day.
3 comments:
this is a wonderful picture. i heart it! Perhaps when you are in town next week we can recreate it for you_--at least the cake part---it is sad that we can't go back to being happy 3 year olds again---but guess we have to do the best we can to find that happiness even in our advancing years.
Apple pie sounds great. I have been on an eating spree lately too but pie has not yet been on the menu.
Very cute picture! And as for being three again, even though, I'm sure I had a lot of fun, I don't think I'd want to go back to that age because it would mean that the teenage years would still be looming ahead. I do hope you have a good birthday, but I will certainly come back and wish you a happy birthday on the actual day. I do wish I had some of your apple pie.
Little birdie thinks Janes birthday is Oct. 16th!
Post a Comment