
This isn't me but a good friend whose hat I wish I would have had early this morning with the temperature at -30!
Well, I had quite a day today. First of all, I slept about 2 1/2 hours last night....maybe it was the coffee or the hormones....who knows! I woke up at 4:00AM as I had to drop Bill off at the Bemidji airport so he could fly off to Tampa today (poor baby, although I hear the weather is cold down there too....but not as cold as here). We got going around 4:30 after packing up the car so I could drive down to Maple Grove after dropping him off and not retracing my steps back to Park Rapids. Did I mention that it was -30 this morning on the way to the airport?? The windows on the inside of the car were iced up....it was a wonderful trip. After dropping Bill off and making sure his flight was leaving on time (the agent at the gate said the only thing that would prevent them from taking off would be snow - not cold weather), Bill said they sat on the plane for a half hour without any heat while they de-iced it so that wasn't good. I drove on to Walker and then Brainerd taking a different route than I was used to. It was kind of scary in the dark with hardly any traffic at that hour. Finally, pulled in to Maple Grove before noon. I'm exhausted so hopefully tonight I'll get a good night's sleep. I hope all of you do too.
1 comment:
sounds like a challenging day--even with enough sleep---but without, well, most challenging indeed. hope you slept well last night and that today, although still cold, is a better day for you : ) At least it is a tad warmer here "down south" than "up north" although, as with most, things it's all relative : )
Post a Comment