Saturday, February 20, 2010

Clyde Butcher's Photography Exhibit

Yesterday, Diane, Joan and I made a trek over to the St. Paul Central Library and the James J. Hill Reference Library to view the Clyde Butcher photography exhibit. His large black and white landscape photos were displayed prominently in both of these beautiful libraries. I felt almost reverent when walking through the libraries and found myself whispering to Diane and Joan. It's not at all like Brookdale. They also had a great video to watch in the James J. Hill library with Clyde and his wife explaining where he took his beautiful photos. That is something I'd like to do.....travel around the country and take pictures. Somehow, I feel my photos just wouldn't look the same! ;-) We also enjoyed a lovely lunch at W. A. Frost's....my favorite. Here is a tiny movie for you.

3 comments:

J Brand said...

I had a great time yesterday and I enjoyed experiencing our St. Paul event again through your movie! Thanks for posting and picturing. And I'm with you, I'd love to travel around and take pictures---even if they did not turn out quite like Clyde's!

Anne said...

Looks like a great exhibit. Glad you guys had fun. The libraries do look very beautiful, and quiet.

Ruby said...

I hearted that "smoking woman" from earlier posting. What a babe!
She shops at Lane Bryant too!

My Dad lives in central Florida. I haven't been in ten years, and your pictures really make me want to go.

Your outing yesterday sounds outstanding. I remember once whispering in a library.

So glad you are all well again!