Thursday, April 8, 2010

Our Local Moose Vandalized




I was sad to read in the local paper that my favorite moose was vandalized last weekend. It's legs and antlers were broken. I'm particularly sad because this was one of the things I would show my friends when they were visiting and we would have our picture taken in front of him. Why does this have to happen? The local police say they don't think local kids would do this....that it was someone from out of town. I don't know. They are going to patrol that part of Main Street more often....in the meantime, I wonder if this can be repaired. This moose statue was not a cheap piece of art to make and the owner is offering a reward to anyone who knows who did it. Here is a picture before the vandalism and after. :-(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that the vandals are found! How sad to see (and hear) about such a thing...

Anne said...

That's awful that someone would vandalize the moose. He was so fabulous. I hope they're able to fix him.