Thursday, July 15, 2010

An Issy Get-Together Before Vera Leaves for Up Nort'

We were invited to Joan's for a get-together before Vera leaves for International Falls. Thanks, Joan, for the lovely lunch and chance to visit. We then went over to Como Conservatory and the Japanese Tea Garden. We even saw the Polar Bears at the zoo which were beautiful. It was a fun day and we wish all the best for Vera as she heads north. We will definitely have to take a road trip up that way one of these days.

3 comments:

J Brand said...

Hi Jane, Thanks for the memories. I heart this little movie--even the "ends" : )
Who is singing? I heart the song.

Janei said...

Thanks, Joan. I thought the "end" shot was appropriate since it was the end of the tiny movie. Vera mentioned it too.

Of course, this is an old Carole King song from her Tapestry album. On Tapestry Revisited, Way Over Yonder is sung by Blessid Union of Souls (that's the way Blessid is spelled I guess for them).

It was a nice day getting together. Have a safe trip!

Ruby said...

The end is just right.

I heart this vid. Hey, I managed to get myself in the pictures!!!

Was so nice to see you Jane, and thanks for the pictures.

I heart Tapestry.