Diane, Joan and I went to the State Fair yesterday and really enjoyed ourselves....the weather was perfect and we tried a few different foods although no "camel-on-a-stick" for me.
We enjoyed the Salem Lutheran Church restaurant where they served egg coffee and great pancakes. We even chatted with a few people over egg coffee while we were waiting to eat.
We went through the Energy building where Diane and Joan decided to hop on the bikes and creat some energy to light up the bulbs. Me....I just took pictures.
We went through the Creative Arts building and enjoyed all the fine art....my favorite was the moose.
Stopped at O'Gara's and had some rueben balls deep fried (of course). I really liked the new addition of O'Gara's restaurant to the fair...great building and fine Irish beer and food with a bagpiper to boot.
We stopped at the International Market Square and listened to some neat dixieland/jazz music while eating Peaches and Cream....It was a little too sweet for me and way too much to eat....but I managed anyway.
We went to the Horticulture building in search of fine Minnesota wine which we found and imbibed in some while contemplating our next roadtrip in search of more vineyards in Minnesota.
We sat and watched the parade go by with people blocking our view so mostly we just watched people passing by which is kind of fun to see too.
We saw a booth with two very good looking young men manning it promoting Harlequin Books and were given a romance mystery novel for it....they even posed for me. :-)
We stopped at the Library tent and were able to get a great book for free on Minnesota's State Parks called, "Prairie Lake Forest" by Doug Ohman and Chris Niskanen. Doug even signed it for me and knew just where I lived...halfway between Itasca State Park and Park Rapids!
We stopped and watched a great show called, "When Radio Was". Prudence Johnson sang songs from the 1930's and I can't remember the fellow's name on keyboard but he was great too. Joan said they performed on Garrison Keillor's show, "A Prairie Home Companion" quite often. I just happened to watch a show on PBS last night on Keillor and actually saw Prudence Johnson singing on it. We were given a free CD, "Moon Country" by Prudence Johnson which was neat.
We took the Skyride also across the fair...Diane & Joan hopped on before me so I followed them. I was able to take a few pictures to remember the fair by.
I hope you enjoy my tiny movie of "The Great Minnesota Get-Together".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, what fun we had! Great to look back at the pictures. I couldn't believe that I lasted about 7 hours out there. I was hoping to get in three. My favorite part was getting the autographed book on the State Parks and listening to the jazz singer, Prudence Johnson. Didn't see Marjorie Johnson for her 11 am book signing. I guess she did finally arrive later. Food wasn't bad either.
What a great tinymovie! You captured our Fair Adventure quite nicely. Although it was just memory, your movie just makes me say "Thanks for the Memories!" I'm going back for more tomorrow but it's going to be hard to top the Issy Adventures at the Fair.
Ah I see I was signed as my School blog identity when posting comment here. My School blog is so boring. I like fun blogging more than school blogging that is for sure.
My sister and i went to MercyMe last night. (WE FROZE!) It was great, though. We will be at Garrison Keillor tonight and will dress in multi-layers. Margie will be with us tonight. We're staying with her and will head to Grand Rapids on Sat morn.
What a fun video. I can tell you guys had a great day. I just have a question: did Prissy just stand by the Elvis sandwich booth, or did she actually eat one? And now I want pancakes!
Post a Comment