Monday, January 12, 2009

Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me



Well....it has come to this. I really shouldn't have changed my blog name because I am anything but cheerfully optimistic lately. I feel more like Maxine! As you can see from the picture, we are slowly being taken over by the Snow Gods. I don't think I'll even be able to find my picnic table by the end of March! Not that I need it before then but it would be nice to see it. Yes, the snow keeps falling, the wind keeps blowing and Bill keeps hauling in firewood. I think we are having someone come out later today and shovel the snow off the roof.... Just got back from town where we bought some groceries for the next few days. It's supposed to get down to -26 tonight and that's without windchill. Who am I and What am I doing here? (Famous question by Ross Perot's running mate). I don't like winter sports other than hibernating and reading....I guess you wouldn't consider them sports, would you? So, I sit here feeling sorry for myself....poor, poor, pitiful me.

2 comments:

J Brand said...

Akkkk...that is a lot of snow. I feel sorry for you too. And for all of us Minnesotans. Why is it, again, that we live HERE????????

Anne said...

That poor picnic table looks very cold. I think it may need a cup of hot cocoa and a snuggie blanket. Hope you're keeping warm!