Today I pay tribute to Chester Greenwood. While checking out Prissy's blog, I noted the Useless Knowledge. Yes, Chester Greenwood who was from the United States was only 15 years old in 1873 when he invented earmuffs. I will sing his praises because as you know it is -40 here today (without windchill) and my sensitive ears would be frozen without my trusty earmuffs. Now I wonder who invented the nose warmer....
Check out Reason's to Drink on my blog: January 13, 2009
Celebrate julgransplundring on St. Knut's Day, Sweden's last day of Christmas, by throwing out that Christmas tree and having a drink! Here, Here!
4 comments:
Hey Jane, interesting story about ear muffs. I;ve never really been a muff wearer but can really see how useful they would be esp. up nort'! As for reasons to drink today, well, gee, St. Knut's Day. who knew? I just wish I had some glog or aquavit to drink in Knut's honor but as I do not and it is too cold to go out seeking spirits this evening perhaps I will settle for some wine. I do not, however, have a Christmas tree to toss out does that mean I cannot have a drink?
forgot to say, it's great to see the picture of the Issys celebrating Pre-Manilow concert. Happy Memory for sure!
Ear muffs were a very important invention. Thank you Chester Greenwood, even though I never wear your invention, you have saved a lot of ears. Oh, and that tree looks just as cold as the picnic table. I hope it's a little warmer there today.
I see it is the feast of the ass today, hmmmm...a reason to drink or a reason to eat?
Post a Comment