UPDATE ON WHERE TO FIND THE WINE: Actor and Comedian Dan Aykroyd joined us live in studio this morning to tell us about his new "Disovery Series" wine. The Emmy Award-winning actor, screenwriter, musician, and one of the original cast members on "Saturday Night Live," released his first California wine project into the US market in December 2008. The Minneapolis launch event is March 21st from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. at Haskell's Wine & Spirits in Minnetonka. The events is open to everyone; however, space is limited and expected to fill quickly. Dan Aykroyd will be signing bottles of his Discovery Series wines as well as signed posters for the first 100 customers. For more information about Dan Aykroyd wines, visit
www.boissetfamilyestates.com.
While watching KARE11 today, I saw Dan Aykroyd of Blues Brothers fame, Driving Miss Daisy, Saturday Night Live. He has his own winery which he was talking about and since I know there are a few blog buddies out there who like to imbibe in the fruit of the vine, I thought I'd mention it. Here is his website:
http://www.danaykroydwines.com/ I'm not sure which liquor stores would be selling it but thought you might like to try it.
2 comments:
Hey Jane, sorry your hometown team did not win but great they got so far! Hope you got some good sleep last night and are feeling better today. I've been up since 530 but that feels like sleeping in considering how things have been lately.
Dan Akroyd making wine. That is intriguing thought. I suppose celebrities can go into any business cuz they've got name recognition so they've god a leg up on competition already. I'll have to check out the Blues Brothers Booze ; )
Happy Sunday!
I too am sorry about your hometown team. Interesting about the wine signing. I wonder if some people seek out these signed wine bottles from celebrity wine artists like others seek out signed books...
Post a Comment