
It was a dark and rainy night with winds blowing 40 mph and rain hitting our cabin straight on out of the east. We started hearing drips from the windows/roof about 11:00 and then the fun started. I was setting pots and pans and garbage cans all over the place trying to catch the drips. We had to move all our computer/electronic equipment away from the windows and put towels down to sop up the rain we didn't catch. I guess we finally laid down about 2:30 but it was a fitful sleep because I kept hearing drips so would get up and put another pan under the drip. Bill says we have to caulk the whole outside of the cabin and it's too cold to do that now so I guess whenever we leave we have to put plastic down on top of anything in case it rains and we don't want it to get wet. What a mess!!! Help! The picture above is the North Dakota flag flying straight out with the strong winds we had yesterday and last night.
3 comments:
Oh dear! I am sorry to hear about rain getting in to your cabin. Has the rain let up there? This a first, right? Hope this bad weather goes away soon, so it can dry up and you can do some caulking. Do you guys need any help? Jim could drive up and help put covering over the roof, windows. Let us know.
sorry to hear of your wet issues and I hope that the rain has stopped now and that you are high and dry again. This kinds of things are such a pain and so stressful. Hang in there....hope things improve in time for your company---but if not---well maybe they can help empty buckets : )
Sorry to hear about this! This kind of thing is not fun at all. I hope the problems are behind you and you got to enjoy your day today.
Post a Comment