Sunday, April 19, 2009

UPDATE: Coming Home To Roost

UPDATE: Yes, I think the lady's initials were DB and Prissy did say something about stalking. :-) Loved the movie, State of Play. Went to it with Prissy and Jim. Really kept my interest all the way through...exciting.....and Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck aren't too hard to look at either. ;-)

AWWWKKKK! I've got geese landing on my roof now! I tried yelling and throwing a rock at them, which didn't reach them.....I never did have a very strong throwing arm. I hope this isn't a recurring thing. I heard a bunch of squawking outside and then it sounded like someone was walking on my roof so I went outside to check and lo and behold I had two geese walking around on the roof. Any ideas to stop this from happening again? I don't want them to make a nest up there or anything. Bill loves wild goose to eat so I'm sure if he was here, he would find a way to get them down. Heh Heh.

On a brighter note, I had a very fun day yesterday at the antique show at the fairgrounds. Prissy and Renee found some treasures also. Maybe I'll post my purchases another time. We spent 6 hours out there looking around...the weather was very nice by the time we went out to the Grandstand field.

Prissy ran into her old boss, I'm terrible at remembering names but I thought she said Elizabeth....can't remember...correct me if I'm wrong. So she visited with her for awhile and then she also saw the lady who likes to pick up garbage in the parking lot at the library....I don't think she talked to her....she is the one who likes to be in charge of everything. Overall, a very nice day.

Then, last night I watched Grey Gardens on HBO and really enjoyed the acting of Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. I can't wait to read the book about the Beales. I signed up for HBO last night just to watch this and the person at Comcast said I could call today and cancel it if I wanted to (it would be pro-rated)....so I did that. The things I do! I guess it's on again tonight if anyone has HBO and is interested.

I hope you all had a great day yesterday also.

4 comments:

J Brand said...

glad you had a good day. sorry about the geese : )
That was most crafty of you to add and cancel HBO like that. Very crafty indeed! If the woman you saw at the Antique show has initials DS then that is way too funny and I am going to begin to believe there is stalking going on : ) She would be the same lady that seems to pop up everywhere BD library people go!

Hope you go to the movie today. is a good day for a movie and State of Play is a good movie to get to.

We are heading out with friends soon for an afternoon of something---not sure what yet---but doesn't really matter what we do=--just good to be together.

Anne said...

Oh no! I think you ran into DS. I am beginning to think that she is a cylon and that there are many copies (that's a Battlestar Galactica reference, for those of you don't know;)) Glad you enjoyed the antique show and Grey Gardens. I agree with jb about the HBO thing--very crafty!

Anne said...

OH, and those geese look very stately on your roof. Very funny, even though I understand why you don't want them to hang around.

J Brand said...

Hey, glad you liked the movie. Too weird about DS. Too Weird. There is something weird going on with her, I just don't know what it is, but something is not right there.

Hope you enjoyed this chilly, rainy, drizzly April Showers kind of day.