Saturday, June 27, 2009

Minnesota Hindu Temple




Last evening we went to the grand opening of the Minnesota Hindu Temple which is located just down the road from us (it was not quite finished as you can see from the picture). It was very interesting, if not a bit noisy with all the chanting going on. We had a tour guide that explained all the gods and goddesses to us but it was VERY hard to hear him with much noise from the chanting (with a microphone) and bells ringing, etc. Guess I'll have to read a book about the religion as I couldn't hear him very well. If you decide to take the tour, be forewarned that at the end of the tour, you are asked to give him at least $5.00 per person. Nothing was said about money before the tour started. We did forget to remove our shoes when we were on the upper floor of the temple and were asked to take them off.....I guess I wasn't supposed to be taking pictures either and was asked not to. I did snap a few before they caught me. :-) We decided against eating the dinner which was being served and went over to El Rodeo instead. It was a nice evening.


No comments: