Friday, October 2, 2009

Apples Are Good This Year




Bill brought back some apples from our tree up in North Dakota and I decided to make an apple pie yesterday....as you can see, it's almost all gone already! The pie tastes better than it looks. The apples were Macintosh and sooo good. Of course, I had to have pie ala mode. Yummy!




I also decided to make chili today because of the cool, rainy weather. That always warms us up (along with the fire in the fireplace). I used the recipe from Byerlys and love it. We were going up to the Lodge for lunch because they always have 2 kinds of soup but may go tomorrow instead now that I've made the chili.




Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Yum! I have chili and apple pie envy!

J Brand said...

I too have food envy. Yummy yummy yummy. the pie looks great and if it tastes even better must be fantastic! And with ice cream. Chilli sounds great too. Very much comfort food season. I was just at Byerlys and the place was hopping! The lady behind me in line commented on my seletions---and comfort food tie. I am trying some new recipes tomorrow and am testing a tiny bit today. I've got goat cheese stuffed dates wrapped in bacon in the oven right now. A recipe from our Oregon wine country trip! I feel a bit decadent trying some out on a Friday afternoon but why not? The weather calls for it! My appetizer before heading for burgers and beer with Child!