Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Family

I've been thinking of my extended family lately and giving thanks for such a wonderful group of first cousins that I have...so caring and loving. When we were growing up, we all lived within 30 miles of each other. Here is a picture of a few of us who attended my Uncle Floyd's funeral in November (my last surviving uncle on both sides of my family). Unfortunately, Diane was not there because she was in Denver for Thanksgiving.

Since then, I have learned that one of my cousins has lymphoma and diabetes and another has been to Rochester for severe pain in his head trying to find out what's causing it. One of the cousins who was not there had to have a stint placed in her heart to help her blood flow. Many of the cousins had already gone south for the winter so couldn't be at the funeral or lived too far away to attend. Two other cousins have been diagnosed with Polycythemia Vera which is a blood disorder and I'm glad to know it since my grandmother and an aunt died from leukemia and other cousins and aunts have had blood disorders also. I don't mean to be a downer but I'm glad I have my cousin connection through email to find out about these health problems. Also, it's good to stay in touch and find out what is happening in their lives. Thank you, email!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jane,
Your comments and picture was so wonderful. So savvy you are to blog etc. Who is the cousin who had to have stent inserted? I seem to have missed that info.
I did talk to Diane today and she is feeling somewhat better. They are planning to join us Sat evening for bridge.

Take Care, Pam

Anonymous said...

I think she is talking about Darlene, Pam.
I guess we are all getting up at that age that health issues are either here or on the horizon.
Stay health!!

Anne said...

Glad to hear you have such a nice group of cousins that you are able to stay in touch with, but sorry to hear about the health problems.

Anonymous said...

Where is Wayne on the picture? Did they leave early?