Thursday, February 26, 2009

Come Home, It's Suppertime

Here is a little video of days gone by on our family farm. Good memories of our childhood growing up on a small farm in the Midwest with loving parents. I recall playing Annie Annie Over in the twilight and Hide and Seek behind the huge pine trees with my cousins. We all lived within 30 miles of each other and got together often. Also, sitting in the barn's hayloft after suppertime playing with the many kittens that were born there and watching my big brother play basketball because Dad had put a hoop up there so the cousins could play in the wintertime. What a simple time it was and times that I hope I will always remember.

4 comments:

J Brand said...

i heart this tiny movie and the music that goes with it. it is most pleasant and also found it most appropriate to my post today about Bill Holm. He lived in Minneota Minnesota---farm land---and your pics and your song helped me to remember-even though i did not grow up there- those times and those places and Bill.

Hope you are not snowed in up nort' there. it's coming down good and hard here now and i am happy to be at home and in no need to go out anytime soon.

J Brand said...

somethin is funny in blog land today. my followers all disappeared off of my blog. whassup? are my followers lost in the snowstorm? should i go looking for them? have they abandonded me for lack of tinymovie production? have you noticed problems in blog land today?

Anne said...

I couldn't seem to get this video to load. I will have to come back and try again tomorrow. I hope the snow isn't too high up in your neck of the woods.

Anne said...

I was able to watch the video. I really liked it! What fun memories. Very fitting music to go with the photos.