Monday, March 2, 2009

A Nice Weekend

The Birthday Couple

We had a nice weekend....Friday night, we took our neighbor couple out for dinner for their birthdays which were Thursday and Friday. We went to the restaurant across the lake. I invited another couple to join us also since we don't get together very much in the dead of winter. It was a delightful evening.



On Saturday night, we went in to the local theater to see, "Gran Torino" which I've been wanting to see for a long time. Well, it is finally here in town. I enjoyed it very much and thought Eastwood did a superb job of acting (I could have done without some of the language in the film though). The ending was totally a shock to me. Very good evening.



I enjoyed Tom Selleck's movie, Jesse Stone - Thin Ice, last night. He still has it for an older guy as far as I'm concerned. I watched the Timberwolves for the 1st couple of quarters and as they were getting beat again, I switched to Tom which was much more enjoyable.



Overall, an action packed weekend up nort'. ;-) I hope you all enjoyed your weekend also.

2 comments:

J Brand said...

sounds like a good weekend. glad you got to see Gran Torino--and yes the ending is well, jarring indeed.

Hope you are enjoying your Monday as well!

Anne said...

Sounds like a very full and nice weekend. Glad you enjoyed your t.v. movie and your movie theater movie.