Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another Christmas with the Christmas Doll

Here is a picture of our grand-daughter (who is a doll in her own right) with her animated Christmas doll. Mel is 15 this year and growing into such a young lady (can you tell I'm a proud Grandma?). We had a very nice Christmas with 12 around the dining room table...very nice indeed. I have been pretty tired the last couple of days though...winding down from all the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Feels good to just relax.

I did have a bit of tension the other day while at Wal-Mart. I wore my big ear muffs that day (you may remember them from the picture on my other blog with Bucky the bear wearing them) check it out here. Anyway, after strolling around the whole store and checking out, I went to put on my trusty ear muffs and found that they weren't on my arm where I had put them. I frantically traced all my steps and was sure I wouldn't find them....I was sure someone would have picked them up and worn them home. I have grown quite attached to my ear muffs with the cold weather "up nort" and my tendency to get ear aches if I don't wear them. Well, would you believe that I found them laying pitifully on the floor in the plumbing section (I had gone to Wal-Mart to pick out a new toilet seat....but you really didn't want to know that, did you?). I was sooo happy to find my ear muffs and couldn't believe they were on my head as I walked out of the store into the cold winter weather. Sometimes, things do turn out as you would like them to......not too often though.

No comments: