Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Update - 40th Anniversary Celebration


Here we are eating again at Benihana's. We were celebrating Prissy and Jim's 40th wedding anniversary.....just waiting for the fun to begin. The food was very good....I brought home leftovers. ;-)

I remember the wedding day very well.....until midway through the reception which was held on our parents' farm. The problem all started with the free flowing beer and the long train on my bridesmaid's dress....you can ask Prissy about that sometime as she never lets me forget it.

Many more Happy, Healthy Anniversaries, Prissy & Jim!

Don't know what that spot is on Jim's nose.

UPDATE: Well, since Joan really wanted to hear the wedding story, I will tell you the tale of the tail.

Yes, the beer keg was in the front yard and beer was flowing freely and at that age, it didn't take much to make me a little giddy (come to think of it, it still doesn't take much to make me silly). I had on a beautiful pink bridesmaid's dress and a floppy pink hat (maybe I can find a picture to attach so you get the full picture....sorry I couldn't find a picture of our backsides). After having a couple of beers I found that nature was calling and so proceeded to go to the little girl's room. Well, I guess I forgot that I had a trane on my bridesmaid's dress and well.....you can probably imagine the rest of the story. Everyone (especially Prissy) thought it was quite funny. So that is the tale of the tail.

3 comments:

J Brand said...

This is a very nice pic. glad you all got to celebrate together....and now I just MUST hear that wedding story! 40 years and still fresh in your memory. That must be quite a tale.

Ruby said...

Good wedding tale, or is that tail?!

Anne said...

Nice pictures and very funny story!