Monday, July 13, 2009

Treasures


I found these little treasures at an antique store up nort'. The grey elephants were made in Germany but I'm not sure about the other ones. I just think they are adorable. The only sad thing about finding these little guys is the lady whose antique store these were in passed away in March. She was so sweet and had her store right next to her cabin so she could just carry her cup of coffee to her store every morning. She was 86 and as sharp as a tack. I'll miss her because we always visited for quite awhile when I was there. Her son and daughter-in-law are going to run the store now....they are moving back from Kansas where she always went in the winter to find more treasures to bring home and sell. I could feel her spirit in the store yet though and am glad she isn't suffering any more.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Love these guys! Were they from the same antique store where you bought the little rhino that you gave me? Sorry to hear about the owner.

J Brand said...

I love these little guys too. And I loved your story of the store. I love those kinds of stories. Warms my heart and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy : )
Just like those little elephants do. Perhaps we can visit the store when we visit your cabin!

J Brand said...

Ah, I did not mean that the owner passing away warms my heart---but that she had a good life running the store and that family will take over what she started.

Janei said...

Yes, we should hit her store when you are up north. Hopefully, they will stay open until after Labor Day. It is a really neat place...used to be a log cabin.

Anonymous said...

I do remember the sweet lady that owned the store. She was very fun to visit with when we stopped at her antique store. I bought my picture of mother and child with the art deco frame at her place.
I think she enjoyed her hobby of antiques and she will be fondly remember by her many customers.