

Well, today we hired a chimney sweep to come out and clean our 3 fireplaces. Bill usually does this but has not been feeling up to it this year and we do use the fireplaces a lot so thought it was time to get it done. There was only one chimney sweep listed in the local paper so he came out this morning and got up on the roof and cleaned out the chimneys which took about 1 hour. After he left I asked Bill how much it cost and he said, $500.00!!! Oh my God. Maybe that is what I should do for a living....clean chimneys. It's good pay for less than 1 hour's work. That is just not right. What could we do? We needed it done. Well, I guess we'll be eating in this week. I'm still a little steamed about it. To top it off, the chimney sweep shot a bear and it was in his pick-up truck. I didn't think you would want to see a picture of it but if you do, let me know and I'll add it.
The second picture is the frozen water in our birdbath. No more water for the birds this year. :-(
3 comments:
This post makes me think of Mary Poppins. Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious (or however you spell that) chim-chim-iney-chim-chim-iney-chim-chim-cherrroooooo a sweep is the luckiest (richest) fellow there is!
Sorry it cost you dearly but good to keep the chimneys safe.
too bad for the birdies. frozen birdie baths and snow on the way. Guess it's time for them to head south. smart birds.
Sad about the Twins but they sure fought hard. Gomez and Nathan made obvious mistakes but those $#$(#)* yankees are just so $#*($)#* good.
Better luck Sunday.
Hi Up North!
I like the bird bath pic, the pine needles look good there.
Well, won't make you keep up rose picture any more, as my rose is covered in snow this a.m. Adios to the fall roses.
Just think of all those poor little Dicken's boys and how proud they would be of their chimney sweep ancestor today!
I know what you mean about missing your Mom's cake. I'm sorry to have lost track of birthdays this year. I hope the coming birthday year is a very good one for you Jane, as sweet as your Mom's cake and as good as you!
Wow, maybe I should consider taking up chimney sweeping on the side. If I could just sweep one chimney per month and charge this amount of money (or even half), I would have no problem paying my school loans. That's just icky about the bear. I bet he was hauling it around like that in plain sight because he was proud of it. *grumble grumble*
Post a Comment