Watched the Twins win today and the ceremony afterwards saying goodbye to the Dome (a little too soon as they will be playing there again Tuesday night). :-) It was touching seeing the players from the 1987 and 1991 World Series take the field and seeing the highlights of those great years. Shed a few tears when they showed the highlights on Kirby Puckett.
I made apple crisp today and ate it while watching the game....it was sooo yummy and the Twins won so all is good in my little corner of the world.
I took this picture of a dilapidated barn which was built in 1923...it's just down the road from us. Sometimes my back feels like this barn....the old gray mare - she ain't what she used to be. Maybe I should cut back on all the comfort food that I've been eating and give my poor back a break.
3 comments:
Glad you got to watch the game while eating apple crisp. yummy indeed! And the post-game show was great. Must admit, I shed a tear or two as well---over Kirby, over the good old days of Twins World Series---over the years that have slipped by since. I like the barn picture too. I feel like that tonight. Dome dog, malt cup, brunch out, big dinner, whew. I feel like I am fattening up to prepare for hibernation! Guess if that's the case, soon I'll have to stop eating til Spring.
Mmm, all of this apple baked stuff is making me hungry for apple baked stuff. I have the chili now, but it's very unlikely that I will bake. I will have to wait and see if someone brings something to work. Glad you enjoyed watching the "goodbye" to the dome. I do like your dilapidated barn photo.
I would like some apple crisp!
Your pictures of Itasca looked very inviting. As much 'state parking' as Rob and I have done, we haven't been there. After seeing the picture of you and the hubby by fire, I am thinking that Rob and I should really add THE ARMCHAIR AND WINE element to 'state parking!'
Post a Comment