Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Grey Gardens

After waiting almost half a year, I finally got a call that the DVD of Grey Gardens was in at Maple Grove. I watched it last night and was again struck how sad a life Little Edie and Big Edie had in their later years and how they spiralled downhill very fast after Big Edie's divorce. This was the actual documentary that was done on Grey Gardens and showed footage of both of them going about their daily life.
http://sillysissysblog.blogspot.com/search/label/An%20Afternoon%20at%20the%20Ordway%20Grey%20Gardens

2 comments:

J Brand said...

Hey glad you finally got to watch the DVD. It was a sad story indeed and I would imagine the real footage would be even more tragic than the play.

I think maybe if the grey gardens gals had just pondered a parking lot maybe things would have worked out differently for them. OK I could not resist. Shameless plug for my blog entry today : )

Minus Two Days to the big bday day! Hurray for bday!
I say let's start celebrating soon--see you soon!

Anne said...

I haven't seen all of the movie, but have seen some footage. Their story was very tragic. Too bad jb wasn't around to tell them about parking lot pondering;) Hope you have a fun pre-birthday celebration.