Friday, November 27, 2009

A Little German Town Called New Ulm

Just wanted to let you know that we are in New Ulm tonight. My uncle passed away and his funeral is tomorrow at springfield so we decided to drive down to New Ulm and stay overnight and go on to the funeral tomorrow. He was a wonderful uncle and lived a very long life....into his 90's. His wife passed away 6 years ago so he has been in a nursing home since then. We will head up north after the funeral.

Tonight Bill and I will eat at Otto's Restaurant at the Holiday Inn and partake in some good German food and wine. I will not eat hassenpheffer (not sure of the spelling) which is rabbit. No way!

We even went over to the Schell's Brewery this afternoon and also checked out the stores on main street. I'll be downloading some pictures another day that I took today.

I hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving. We sure did!

2 comments:

J Brand said...

sorry to hear of your uncle's passing but does sound like he had a long, happy life and that is something to celebrate. I will look forward to your pictures from New Ulm!

Anne said...

Very sorry to hear about your uncle.
As for hassenpheffer, I couldn't even say it with a straight face, much less eat it.