Monday, November 23, 2009

The Monday Before Thanksgiving


I'm thankful for many things, one of which is my good health. I will have to watch what I eat this Thanksgiving though and try and get in a walk after the meal.

When I think back on my childhood, I can smell Mom's fresh dinner rolls baking and also the baked corn. She went to so much work to make a wonderful meal and at that time I didn't appreciate all she did. I really do now. She didn't have a dishwasher either so it made things a little harder for her. We always saved the wishbone and fought over who got to pull it apart and make a wish. She made the best pumpkin pie...it wasn't real spicy like many of the pumpkin pies I've eaten lately. Well, I'm just reminiscing about Thanksgivings Past. Hope you all have a great one!

3 comments:

J Brand said...

Hey Jane, it's good to be thankful at Thanksgiving time and good food and family are some of the best things there are! I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving week and that your happy memories bring you as much joy as the food and family this coming Thursday.

Far as overeating, i've been in training since September when my holiday eating season officially began...did not want to procrastinate on that and wait around to indulge til Halloween : )

Anne said...

Thanks for sharing your very nice holiday memories. I'm getting hungry just reading about them. I, like jb, have been practicing for the holiday eating and can't wait to get started.

J Brand said...

Happy Thanksgiving Eve to you!