Saturday, November 14, 2009

Our Trip Down to Mayo Clinic

As many of my blog buddies know, Bill and I went to Mayo Clinic this week to find out about Bill's prostate Cancer. We were quite apprehensive about the outcome but were very relieved to hear that his cancer cells had shrunk thanks to the hormone shot and he has many options open to him in regard to treatment. He has decided to do "active surveillance" where he will have his PSA tested 4 times a year to see if the cancer starts growing again. If it does, at that time he will decide what course he wants to take...removal or radiation. He is truly blessed to receive this news and knows it. To keep from thinking about what he was going through during all his tests, I took my trusty camera along and took a few pictures for a tiny movie. Mayo Clinic is the place to go for your health needs....there are approximately 1,000 "new" patients a day and it runs like clockwork. I saw a rhino on the wall and thought of you, Anne so had to take a picture of it....very colorful.

3 comments:

J Brand said...

So happy that all turned out for the best on your trip. Mayo clinic does certainly sound like a good place to get good care. The art work, the pianos (and players) all seem to make for a calmer, more pleasant health care experience (except for that scale, that would not make me calmer, anyway!)

Glad you are safely through this journey and had good outcome from your trip.

J Brand said...

p.s. like your new photo. Eggplant with Nose. Quite an intriguing vegetable indeed.

Anne said...

I'm very glad to hear that you had some good news. It had to have been a very stressful trip and I'm glad you were able to distract yourself by taking the wonderful photos and then making the movie. Thanks for including the rhino. I heart the Mayo Rhino and I didn't even know he existed until today. Rhinos seem to be showing up everywhere these days.