Here is a picture of brother and sister. It was good to see Connie but she is not in the best of health. I think I've mentioned that she is in the early stages of Alzheimer's and while we were there we took her to the dentist and also made an appointment at the medical doctor for her. I'm glad we were there to help her out. So sad for Bill especially. This is his only sibling and they are very close. Too bad she lives so far away. Her kids want her to move out of her home and she is very independent so does not to leave. She also doesn't want to give up her car so it is a tough time for her. All the kids are coming home for Christmas and I think will try to talk her into moving to an assisted living home. We just want her to be safe and are glad we aren't involved in the decision making.
Man, am I glad to be back inside...we went to town for groceries. It's 15 here today and nasty out there....flurries also. I'm not going back outside again until it warms up.....that means I'm hibernating till spring. :-(
1 comment:
What a nice picture but yes, a sad story. Alzhemiers is such a cruel disease and I am sorry to hear of the toll it is taking on Bill's sister. i wish Connie and her kids the best as they begin the difficult journey of facing the reality of this cruel disease.
The grocery store outing sounds like fun. Free food at the grocery is something I always enjoy as generally nothing is free there : )
Hope you are not too snowed or frozen in up north there.
It's chilly here today but at least the sun is shining...until it goes down again sometime soon.
Post a Comment