Friday, August 13, 2010

Keep Your Eye On The Sparrow

Today, as I was sitting at my computer a tiny bird flew into the window. I have heard that by holding the bird in your hands you can bring it out of the shock of hitting the window and dying. I went outside and found it laying on the cement and its wing was bent. I picked the sparrow up and held it gently for quite awhile. It was almost in a trance but it did slowly turn its head and look at me when I picked it up. I set it down after awhile and it didn't move so I picked it up again and held it some more. I finally went to a fir tree and set it on a branch....I went back to check on it a few times and it was still there after 15 minutes. I got busy with things and went back sometime later and it was gone! It wasn't laying on the ground dead either. It had come out of its shock and flown away. I felt pretty good about helping one of God's creatures. So often, we are gone and come back to the cabin to see dead birds on the ground from hitting the windows so at least this time I was here to help it.

2 comments:

J Brand said...

Hi Jane. What a sweet story. I hope that little sparrow is flying high and happy today thanks to your kind and thoughtful help.

I like your new photo. What a nice shot of you and Heather.

Hope you had a good weekend and that the weather up nort' is as nice as it is down south today!

Anne said...

Aww, what a nice story. I'm glad you were there to take care of the little birdy.