I enjoyed my time at the State Fair yesterday with Diane and Joan. We were able to do some of the things we wanted to do like have breakfast at the Salem Lutheran Church restaurant where we had Swedish Egg Coffee and pancakes. Talked to some good Swedes also. We sang our hearts out at the Sing-a-Long....Hey Jude is such a loooong song. You are My Sunshine was much shorter. Diane even recorded us singing....I think she broke her camera. We then went on the Sky Ride courtesy of Joan....who knew so many people lost their flip flops on that ride....they were all over the building roofs across the fair. Here is a picture I took of Diane on the Sky Ride. We shared a lot of the fair food and I think my favorite would have to be the apple dumpling with ice cream. Yum. Diane replenished her lipstick by buying some at the Grandstand. It was a humid day and we were there about 5 hours which was just long enough for me to fill up on the food.
2 comments:
a great day at the fair indeed! I think the Salem Diner must become an annual tradition : )
I still need to try Swedish Egg Coffee sometime, even though I'm Norwegian. Glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment