Well Faith n' Begorrah, another St. Patty's Day is upon us! I posted this little poem last year but felt it was worthy of another go-around:
An Irish Poem
I wish you always
Walls for the wind
A roof for the rain
and tea beside the fire
Laughter to cheer you
Those you love near you
and all that your heart may desire.
Bill and I took a wee walk down the lane today searching for our pot o' gold but alas did not find it. I forgot my earmuffs so that was why our walk was a wee one. Still a brisk wind but nice and sunny here today.....I hear there may be snow this weekend. :-(
We drove to Bemidji yesterday (the biggest town near us) to purchase a new washer and dryer as my washer has started to leak. We have had it many, many years though so I think it is time to let it go. ;-) We picked out the ones that have more capacity and are more energy efficient. Can't wait to get them!
Bill and I are going out for dinner tonight to celebrate the 29th anniversary of our first date at the Fox & Hounds in St. Paul. Yes, the luck of the Irish was with us that fateful night and is still with us to this day (even though we don't have a bit of Irish blood in us.....although, I shouldn't say that now that there is a DNA test to see who our ancestors are.....we may just be a wee bit Irish). Since there is no Irish pub around here up nort' we will go to a local German restaurant and toast to many more anniversaries. Though this isn't a picture of our first date, it isn't far from it. I'll have to do some digging to find those pictures.....just like I'm going to dig for my pot o' gold later on.
4 comments:
And happy Irish Day to you too! You guys don't look a day older than when you started dating. Well, maybe just a few..
And yes, a wee young lass and lad I see there in this photo! Very fun to see! Glad you are enjoying a wee bit of fun this St. Pat's day. Getting new appliances is a traditional St. Pat's day activity, yes? Hope you enjoy your multicultural german st. patrick's day anniversary celebration!
I heart your poem. It is very fine and good and true. Be sure to have some irish whisky in your tea or some green in your beer tonight!
Very nice photo. You both look very happy. I hope you're out enjoying your dinner. Happy first date anniversary!
Oh, and Happy St. Pat's too.
Post a Comment